Friday, February 01, 2008

Vegetarianism

I had to make a new post, cos this is a completely different topic.
Did you know that on average, americans eat 8 oz. of meat per day? When I count the people who I consider to be my best friends I can think of one person who might eat 8 oz. of meat a day. That means that there are people who eat significantly more than that in one day. That appalls me. So I'm stopping. It's been more than 48 hours since I last ate meat. I have decided that I can't be part of that statistic any more. I don't feel that I can call myself an animal-lover and then turn around and devour what was once an innocent creature.
I have given this so much thought and I used to set certain days of the week when I wouldn't let myself eat meat, but I've hit the breaking point. I gave myself this ultimatum and I think that's actually what it took. I don't know if it's just that the originally excitement of the decision hasn't worn off yet, but I guess we'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home