Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Mint Condition

Last night after flute (which got out late, as usual, but I don't usually mind since I love playing and Jaimie's so nice) I went to the library, Mallet's Creek branch, to be specific, and dropped off a book I finished Sunday. I parked over near the woods and got out of my car, leaving the windows down and the doors unlocked cos I was just running up to drop of the book. In the car next to me was a guy with a dog. His windows were down, and he was just sitting there, probably waiting for someone. I came back to my car and started to start it when he said, "What year is your car?" I answered sort of sheepishly, "1987". He looked amazed. "Wow. That's almost in mint condition.", he said. "I have an '89 turbo" I sort of smiled and nodded and drove off. It was very odd.
I'm not sure he would have thought my car was in mint condition if he had seen where the old lady who owned it before I did had tried to fix some scratches with white out. Or, at least, that's what it looks like.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home